Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Whata Man, Whata Man, Whata Mighty Good Man...


I'm not one to post long gushy make everyone nauseated while reading posts, but I came across this picture a few days ago and feel like I need to give Danny a shout out. (Yes, I just said "shout out"!) This would be my super cute husband lugging Rani and the ever so demasculinizing purse while taking his mom to her treatments at the hospital. Need I say more? This last weekend I went to the beach with some friends for a few days. Danny jumped at the opportunity to have a daddy/daughter weekend - probably to get a break from my constant micro managing! I am starting to doubt my abilities as a stay at home mom! I came home to a spotless house, a happy child, dinner on the table and ALL the laundry done...AND put away! This from a man who see nothing wrong with using a laundry basket as a dresser/closet. I was so impressed. I should've known. The whole weekend I'm thinking "boy is he going to appreciate me when I get home, it's not as easy as it looks" (giggle giggle). Turns out if you're Danny Bilbao it is. It is so like him to rise to the occasion and go above and beyond. He took Rani to see the goats, went to get his suit fixed, and went into the lab! I am so grateful for him. I could not have chosen a better father or husband. He works so hard and has made so many sacrifices for our little family and unfortunately I don't tell him how much I appreciate what he does nearly as much as he tells me. Love you Bilbs!

9 comments:

Tiffany W. said...

Awww! We always knew Danny was a keeper!

Lindsay said...

That is so sweet! Danny is a great guy!

Alisha B. said...

Bilbs...that's a good one. We love him too!

The Sumkos said...

That was cute Stace!! He's a good guy.

Tiffany W. said...

I just heard 'the Office' theme song play on your blog and I laughed so hard!! We LOVE that show!

Katie Price said...

I love Danny. Doesn't surprise me at all that he is awesome at all that. I remember when I left last year for a week to help Trav's sister, and I came home and nobody missed me and things went totally smoothly. At first I felt crappy that they got along fine without me, but then I was just grateful for a husband who is such a good dad. Aren't they awesome.

Katie Price said...

Okay so is it En Vogue that sings that Whatta Man song? You're the biggest dork.

Baird Family said...

What a sweetheart! Don't you love it when they do you your job better than you?
I have a story I know you'll love. This past weekend Ben had two tests to study for so I took Trev and drove to visit my sister in Wyoming. That's right, a roadtrip by myself. After I got there I found out I'd taken the 5 1/2 hour route instead of the 3 1/2 route. At first I was ticked and then I thought of you and our trip to Sipio and just laughed and wished you were there to remind me that I'm not the only one out there that struggles with these things. Love you!!

Alisha B. said...

POST, POST, POST! RUDE!!! What kind of friend am I?