Tuesday, October 28, 2008

4 Lucky Girls With 4 Awesome Husbands!

A couple of weeks ago me and my four good buddies (Sorry to all my other good buddies out here who couldn't come!) did a girls trip to N.Y.. Thanks to Angela and her no nonsense way of doing things, we actually didn't just talk about it...we did it! Also to her credit, her dad totally hooked us up with the Marriott Marque in Times Square for...FREE 99! It was awesome. Killer view, sweet service and prime location. The trip was so much fun and we are all so lucky to have super supportive husbands who say - "sure go ahead, leave me with the kids for the weekend. Go spend money, giggle, have a pillow fight and eat like sumo wrestlers"! Thanks again Boys!

Mmmm...food! We had some really good food. We basically skipped lunch, unintentionally, everyday trying to get as much in as possible. While in China town I found an Asian pear (my FAVORITE) the size of my head. It was happiness in the form of a fruit. Really. I was so happy eating it, I wish I had one right now. Also in China town, Ang and I split a giant bag of fortune cookies, which later, me being me, I left at the restaraunt. It got thrown away, but as luck would have it we were dining at an Asian restaraunt... so they gave us a big bag full of their fortune cookies. (Who says the service is horrible int the city?!)

Some memorable moments:
*Me pulling yet another "Stacee" and walking right into the cable on the bridge (nice timing with the camera, M.J.!)
*The beginning of M.J.
*Angela shooting up in the bathroom at Carmines
*Waiting FOREVER late at night to get into the oh so popular
Serendipity...which we ended up leaving and not even getting anything. They expected us to pay $8.75 per person. All we wanted was to share some frozen hot chocolate! The menus were ginormous and of course the seating was super squishy. Oh, well. (Sorry Les!)
Getting a cab back to the mainland from Brooklyn. Leslie and I dying from a serious poor choice in footwear. People trying to steal a cab from us when Angela blurted out "swiper no swiping". And Jenny's priceless face in the pic inside the cab!

9 comments:

Kaylyn said...

Looks like you had a ton of fun! This is Kaylyn from beauty school, I just found you and Darci today. Don't ask me how, because I don't remember....lame right? Hope you don't mind me popping in from time to time. You've got such a cute family, it will be good to keep in touch!
Kaylyn
www.highlandscotherns.blogspot.com

Melissa said...

What a fun trip! I want to come next time! :) I'm glad you girls were able to go.

Katie Price said...

Oh crap, the swiper no swiping comment is the funniest thing ever. These things make me miss all our old friends. Why do you people think you can move so far away. The East Coast? Seriously?

Did you mean to call me the other morning or did you mean to call your other Katie?

Lindsay said...

It looks like such a fun trip! Cute pictures & great memories!

The Sumkos said...

So so jealous! That looks like fun. Nate is in NY right now for training and it is KILLING me not to be there. I want to go so bad! What a fun trip and how sweet of the hubbies. You're going to be home soon, yah!!!

James and Whitney said...

How Fun! I am jealous! I'm glad you were able to go wild!

Alisha B. said...

Ok, someday all us "OLD FRIENDS" need to do that! SO much fun! I am glad you got to do that. Did you run into the naked cowboy again? I hope you got a picture (again) if you did. I am glad you are coming home soon, don't forget about the reservations already in place. I would like to also add lunch with all the "old friends" too. See you soon!

Jer and Jealin said...

That looks like so much fun! Good for you! Love all the pics. Hope you guys are doing good. When are you gonna be up North for the Holidays?

Morrell Family said...

SOOOOO fun! It looks like you girls had a blast. It's always nice to get away with the girls every once in a while.