Friday, March 27, 2009

Yay!

I'm sitting here at the computer, totally defeated. My child just won. After a long morning at the gym and a trip to Target and Old Navy I thought Rani would be good and tired - nope. I just tried to put her down for a nap, a process of which that took 35 minutes! Forget that it's already almost 3:00 and the whole time I'm telling myself this is not worth the fight, she's is so not going to go to bed tonight if I let her sleep. Still, I'm determined, (As determined as possible for Stacee.) and I will win this little battle. They say pick your battles, so why I chose this one is a mystery to me. We both knew who was going to win from the start. Finally after 35 minutes of crying and whining,(Rani, not me!) I relent and go in and get her. Stinker. As soon as I get her out of the crib she looks at me with her most pleased Rani face and says "Yay, I did it"! We all know who runs the house. It's going to be interesting when she's a teenager!!! Last Sunday at church Rani was really struggling. We hadn't even gotten through the first speaker and she was all over the place. The minute the speaker finishes and everyone says amen Rani goes "Yay, we're done"! She continued to do this after the Choir sang, and again after every speaker. I'm glad those around us thought it was funny, I was totally embarrassed!!! Oh, my funny, stubborn, smart, way more determined than me child. I just love her. :)

6 comments:

Kylee said...

I'm sorry, but that is so funny. I know you must agree, at least at some level. :) I adore her dress in the first picture!

Tiffany said...

haha ok seriously as frustrating as that must have been at the time, its pretty funny that she was so proud of herself for winning. You definitely have a little fire cracker for a daughter... but she is so darn cute she is going to get away with it her whole life long I have a feeling :)

Alisha B. said...

I just love her too. Not to worry, we have all been defeated a time or two as well. Usually on a daily basis for me!

Baird Family said...

I would also pick to fight the nap battle...I can't live without Trev's nap time! Rani is such a cute little stinker!
Isn't sacrament meeting the worst? I seriously count down the minutes until it's time to send him to nursery! If you find any tricks on teaching reverence, please let me know!
How's the potty training going?

The Sumkos said...

Oh my goodness, she has gotten so big! That is crazy!! I get defeated all the time, it's cool! We should have a club!

Lindsay said...

I love it! She is so cute & some days at church I feel the same way!