Thursday, March 20, 2008

Florida Here I Come!!!

Dreams really do come true!!! (Just kidding) But, really I have been absolutely dying to go to Florida and to all the parks down there. It is so accessible to us here on the east coast. Even with the cheap air fare and short plane ride, it does still cost money, which we don't have. Well, I was getting dinner ready a couple of weeks ago and had the Ellen show on when I heard a commercial for a contest to win a trip to Universal studios in Florida. I just thought I was being funny and decided to enter online. What do you know - I WON!!! There was a lot of chaos trying to get all the legal paper work in, and prove I live in Delaware, but it's all taken care of now. The trip is for next week, I can hardly wait! We get it all payed for(except food)and we get tickets to the parks and to the taping of the Ellen show in Universal Studios. The hotel looks awesome, it's actually in the park. I have a WONDERFUL mother-in-law that is flying out a few days earlier than her original trip date to come stay with Rani. We really debated on wehter or not to take her. Danny is so funny, he said -"maybe we should do it as a family vacation, Stace. We don't leave family members behind". I love it! (He absolutely loves his Rani) Anyway, I'm so excited. Danny and I have been in desperate need of a date, let alone a trip! I'm a firm believer in entering contests now! I'll be sure to post pictures when we get back. Yay!!!

We finally got our new camera! It was such nice wether the other day and actually felt like spring, so I took some pictures. Rani had so much fun playing outside, now she stands at the glass doors and bangs on them and then looks at me and signs "more". She's so funny, I can't wait for more nice days to go outside and take advantage of the yard before we have to move :(!





Kaylen an Marisa came up last sunday to say hi and decided they needed to give themselves pedicures. Rani was sooo interested and HAD to do it too. So I gave her a cotton pad too. She sat down and watched the girls. pretty soon I look over at her and she is taking her sock off and rubbing the cotton on her toes too! She is such a girl!

13 comments:

kim said...

so totally not fair stace!!! i am so jealous! i am way excited for you and danny though. both of you deserve a vacation. i wish tony and i could get away from the snow and the cold. have fun though and take lots of pics! what kind of camera did you get? i want/need a new one.

The Sumkos said...

I CAN'T BELIEVE YOU WON!!! I always watch that universal studios week and wish I could be there and now you are, yah!!! You guys deserve it and I am so happy for you. Have so much fun and enjoy the "alone time"! ;) Post all about it when you get back, I will be dying to hear about it.

P.S. - You knew I went to a taping of the Ellen show didn't you? IT WAS A BLAST and you guys are going to love it. Make Danny do something crazy to get on tv!

Baird Family said...

I can't believe you won an Ellen contest! I am SO jealous! A free trip and the Ellen show. Does it get any better? I'll be watching for you!

Leslie said...

I am so excited for you! We are in desperate need for an escape also. Your post was great:)
I can't wait for Tuesday night! It will be a new adventure for me.

whywalkwhenicanrun said...

Can I just say I'm pretty much the un-winning-est person ever!? I'm totally jealous. Have some fun for me, would ya?

Jer and Jealin said...

CONGRATS! That is awesome. I've never known someone who has won a big contest like that. You're kinda famous, now. Sweet, I know someone famous! :) Have fun and take LOTS of pics for all of us!!

Tiffany W. said...

You'll have to let us know when they will be airing the taping because i know Danny will find a way to get on TV! :) how fun for both of you! But I differ with one of your other comments posted...and please don't post all about your "alone time"! ;)

Ashlee said...

No way! I never win contests but you have encouraged me to never give up. I saw you mom the other day and she said she was getting ready for a trip to visit you guys. Have a Wonderful time!!! Don't feel guilty about having alone time- I think it's the best way to keep your marriage going strong!!!

Lindsay said...

That is so awesome! You are obviously back by now & the funny thing is I was watching Ellen in Florida thinking how nice it would be to be there AND YOU WERE!!! You deserved it!!!

cheree said...

Rani is so cute!! I have been bugging Darci for ever to so me some pictures of her. She is beautiful!! We miss seeing you guys out here!!

Darci said...

ok stace.... I know you have had visitors and gone traveling far and wide, but your blogging skills are getting as bad as mine!!!!!! POst something new:)

Baird Family said...

Are you still alive? I'm dying to hear and see all about your trip to Florida.

Ashlee said...

Hey, i just wanted to clarify... It's Bostyns 1st birthday this week and you said you got Rani's cake for free.... That's so my style... Is it at any Albertsons bakery?